Music Theatre NOW Network MTNN
The Music Theatre NOW Network is committed to the artistic development of music theatre worldwide. From experimental projects to productions in opera houses we embrace all forms of music theatre, including hybrid theatrical forms where music is a crucial and indispensable aspect of the performance.
Music Theatre NOW Network’s main task is to ensure the dissemination of information about music theatre and audience education. The MTN Network takes a special interest in music theatre outside of the Western European tradition and in contemporary work which reflects these other traditions.
• To raise awareness of music theatre around the globe.
• To facilitate the production and presentation of music theatre.
• To stimulate cooperation and exchange of productions among producers and presenters.
• To preserve and communicate the diversity of newly created works.
• International competition by Music Theatre NOW for the most interesting music theatre productions of the past years.
• MTN meeting where the winning productions are shown on video and discussed.
• Web archive of New Music Theatre.
• Improve competition MTN 2018 based on previous experiences.
• Establish regular activities for the MTN network.
• Strengthen the international aspects of MTN by holding the 2019 outside of Europe.
• Major event in Shanghai
• Building up the MTN archive based on nearly 1000 applications until now
Board Members / Members
Guy COOLEN, President, Belgium Flanders
Ana ABLAMONOVA, Lithuania
Laura BERMAN, Switzerland
Beth MORRISON, USA
Axel TANGERDING, Germany
Roland QUITT, Germany
Nick Rongiun YU, China
Shuang ZOU, China
Danny YUNG, Hong Kong
Christian GRAMMEL, Coordinator Director, Germany Mtnow(at)iti-germany.de
Sign up for the MTN Newsletter
>>Activity Report 2011-2014
>>Publications on issuu.com