The project « Toile de vie » (“Web of Life”), carried out by the Chadian Centre of ITI, is the beneficiary of UNESCO’s Fund for Cultural Diversity 2010.
“Web of Life” is a cultural and artistic project that aims to unite local, regional, and international cultural figures to create new initiatives and to structure and strengthen the sector. The project offers exposure to the local cultural scene and encourages the marketing of artists and their work by allowing them to benefit from constructive exchanges with artists from different backgrounds. The “Web of Life” project is based on an artistic, social and economic approach. It strives to contribute to sustainable economic activity through artistic and cultural activities and to improve the living and working conditions of Chadian artists and cultural workers.
This meeting between local and international participants is focused on five initiatives:
• Two spaces: one for musical creation (with a group concert at the end and the production of a music compilation at a later stage) and one for theatre and comedy productions
• Training in the administration/management of a cultural institution
• The creation and maintenance of a website to communicate and share information at all levels and thus decrease the digital isolation of Chad
• The creation of a sales outlet to sell work by artists in Ndjamena
• Two meetings (one for theatre professionals and one for music professionals) for those in Chad, the region, or other areas (such as Europe)
The Maoundoh-Culture Theatre will be managing the project in association with the Chadian Centre of the International Theatre Institute (ITI), the Réseau Culturel et Artistique pour la Formation et la Francophonie (The Cultural and Artistic Network for Education and Francophony), and Radio Harmonie, for a period of 12 months, starting early March 2011.